My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Happenings

Easter was busy busy this year!  Its always so much fun, though!  Our first adventure was our egg hunt at church.  We had it the week before Easter because of some other scheduling issues.  During our Children's Church we had our Easter lesson and baked Resurrection Rolls.  The kids had a great time eating the "empty tomb"!  After Bible Class it was time to hunt eggs.  It was so so windy so we had the smaller kids stay inside to hunt in the playroom.  The big kids headed outside to brave the wind!






Elijah took off and I couldn't keep up so I stayed with Sadie. 


 
 
I was able to catch Elijah as he ran by.


 
 
 
He had his 12 eggs quickly so he was so sweet to help Sadie fill her basket.




My sweet babies. 



Nothing like basking in the sunlight to enjoy a pre-meal drink.
 
 
 
Wednesday was Elijah's Easter party and egg hunt at school.  I was finally able to go to one of his parties!  As they were heading outside for the hunt I saw that there were hundreds of eggs just strewn in the field.  I thought "this doesn't look like a very fun egg HUNT".  I noticed Elijah would pick up an egg, look at it, and drop it back down. He kept doing this and I thought he must somehow know what was in the eggs.  I finally caught up to him and asked what he was doing.  He said "I have to find a one!"  Ahhh....it was then I realized the eggs were numbered and he was supposed to find eggs numbered 1-12. 



I saw another little girl run up with a basket full of eggs.  She dumped them out and starting finding ones 1-12.  I saw that Elijah was STILL not having luck finding a one.  I told him to just start picking up different eggs and we'd sort them out later.  He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No, Mom, I have to find and one, then a two, then a three..."  I'm not sure why I thought he would EVER do anything, but exactly what he's supposed to do.
 
 
Sorting the eggs...








I love this child with my whole being.



We spotted Elijah's friend, Koby!



I love these boys!!




Then we headed in for a craft and snacks.  We made rabbit hats!!
 
 
 
 
 
Thursday was Sadie's egg hunt at school.  Beau was able to snap a few pics of her since I had to work.




She is obsessed with headbands right now.  She wears one at ALL times (except the bath).  She even sleeps in one.  She makes me laugh.  Every day.



My precious girl!





 
On Friday Elijah and Sadie went to Stephenville for an Easter celebration with my extended family.  Beau and I had to stay for our multi-family garage sale.  They had dinner and and egg hunt at Jannie and Larry's, then Saturday, they had a private tour of Fossil Rim!!  They had a blast!!
 
Easter baskets!!

 
 
After church we stopped by the house to change clothes and get our food to take to Rosebud for lunch.  Beau reminded me to try and get an Easter picture of the kids.  You be the judge of how it went....
 



Okay, Jack, I see you don't want to sit in the chair.  We'll move.



Look at Mom.  "The sun is in my eyes!!"



Just put your hands down and fake it! Nope. Not gonna happen.  

 We'll go inside.

 
 
If you will just look at me ONE TIME I'll stop!!

 
 
Good enough.

 
 
We headed to Rosebud for lunch and ANOTHER egg hunt!




Janice put candy in a few of the eggs, but some of them had slips of paper that said "See Mimi for a special prize"!



Elijah was really excited when he got a "special prize" slip.  Janice told him it was a hug from her.  I could tell he was really trying to be grateful for the hug. 




Then she told him he could really go to Pepaw for his prize.



A dollar!!!  


We had a great Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment