My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Friday, August 3, 2012

My growing boy

My boy reached his 2 month mark.  He is growing so fast! 




I love that double chin!



Streeeeeeetch....



Ok, Mom, you're loosing me...wrap it up.



Eat. Him. Up.







Tuesday he had his 2 month check up....
Head 16" = 67%
Length 23.87"  = 83%
Weight 13 lbs 6 oz  = 85%
Weight for length 50%

Dr Popejoy kept talking about how big he is and how serious he looks all the time.  I had to tell her all my kids have those serious looks.  She asked how everything is going.  I said he's a good, easy baby, but in the past week or so he hasn't been sleeping as well and I was just complaining about that.  She put him on the table to do his exam.  I pointed out that one of his eyes was "gooky" and thought he may be suffering with allergies.  After looking in that ear she said he has an ear infection.  I said the other eye was gooky the day before.  She looked in that ear...yup, another infection!!  My poor baby.  He hasn't fussed or anything!  She said his eardrums were bulging!  I felt bad for complaining that he hadn't been sleeping. 

Tuesday night was awful.  I finally got to bed at 11:30pm, only to get up with Jack at 2am, 4am, 6am, 7am and 8am!  He seemed miserable all morning.  Around noon I finally strapped him in his car seat and put him on the running dryer to get him to fall asleep.  I called the Dr and got a prescription for some pain relieving ear drops and called my dad who gave me the name of a chiropractor here in Waco who he went to school with to see if he treats infants.  The chiropractor got us right in.  Jack did great...he didn't seem to mind at all.  By Thursday morning he seemed back to his old self.  The doctor said she is worried that if he had this bad of an infection this young we may have a long winter ahead of us!  Hopefully we can start giving an antihistamine at 6 months (November) and more visits to the chiropractor and avoid multiple ear infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment