My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Monday, August 13, 2012

Activities of Daily Living

Last week I chose to keep the kids home for a few days.  We usually go somewhere at least every morning, but Jack had an ear infection and we needed a few low key days.  Not to mention the housework that desperately needed to be done.  However, it is extremely difficult to get anything done with 3 kids.  So I researched a few activities I could have the "big kids" do while Jack napped.


Day 1: Cloud Dough

You mix flour and baby oil.  It makes a mixture that is somewhat the mold-ability (is that a word) of wet sand.  Its a bit messy, but I just saved the table area for the last place to be cleaned.  It kept them occupied for at least an hour!
I just realized what a horrible picture that is...sorry.


When Jack woke up from his nap I even got him in on helping with the laundry!










Day 2: Balloon Tennis
They decorated their rackets (paper plates) and taped them to paint sticks.  








Day 3:

Shaving cream paint.  This idea also came from Aimee.  Mix shaving cream and food color.  Genius.





While the kids worked on their bath time masterpieces Jack watched me cook, which is apparently very soothing!




Today's activities included a few crafts I needed to finish and pickling some okra for Janice while the kids did great playing together (and Jack napped).  As a thank you to Elijah and Sadie for playing so well together (and leaving me alone to get some work done) I took them for snow cones when Beau got home! 

1 comment:

  1. Colored shaving cream!! Great idea except it left stains on our grout....

    ReplyDelete