My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kindergarten!!!

Today was Elijah's first day of Kindergarten.  It was, of course, bitter sweet.  I was so excited for him becaue he has been so excited...counting down the months, weeks, days since May.  But the closer it got the more emotional I got. 
 
Monday morning was Kindercamp.  A time for the new students and their parents to visit the school, meet the teacher and principle and learn all about kindergarten.  Our wonderful friend Judy came over early to keep Jack and Sadie so we could be completely focused on Elijah.  When we arrived we went straight into the gym to find Elijah's teacher.  Then the kids left to go with their teacher to see their room...


The parents went to the cafeteria to meet with the principle and get a ton of information.  I was soaking it all in.  From the front row.  In the middle.  I even pulled out a pen and paper at one point to take notes.  Beau was embarrassed.
 
 
Then the kids were all put on a school bus to take a ride and learn bus etiquette.  While they drove around we went to his classroom to meet with the teacher where I soaked up even more information.




When he came back I wanted to get a few pictures of him in his classroom since I knew I wasn't going to come with him on his first day.



Then he said he wanted a few more pictures...


The reading center...



He looks so grown up!


Mrs. Schwartinsky...or Mrs. S



They also unload all their school supplies so they don't have to carry them on the first day...


Where did the time go??


Just like his dad.  He cannot take a picture outside if its even the least bit sunny.


I just can't believe in a few days he'll just get dropped off to navigate this big ole place by himself.  How on Earth can my baby boy be old enough for that?
 

We went to bed early on Tuesday night to help us with the 6:30am wake up call. Elijah usually wakes up about 7:30am, but the tardy bell rings at 7:45am.  It'll be a big adjustment for us all.  I went into his room and woke him up Wednesday morning and helped him navigate the dark to get dressed and then went to fix his breakfast.  He had requested donuts for breakfast so I found a recipe for strawberry cake donuts and I made eggs and sausage to go along with it. 
 
 
 
(Back story: Tuesday Elijah asked if he could play his computer games.  I said he could on Wednesday.  He asked what time.  I said 3pm)While Beau, Elijah, Jack and I were sitting at the table having breakfast Elijah said "I can't wait to play my computer games later.  Why do I have to wait until 3 to play them?"  I said, "Because you won't be home from school until 3."  "I have to stay until 3o'clock!?!"  "Yes, Elijah, you go to school every day until 3 o'clock."  "I have to go EVERY DAY?!?"  Ha!  Poor kid doesn't know what hit him!
 
 
Practicing tying his shoes before heading out the door...
 
 
 
 
 
 
One last picture before he leaves...
 
 
I knew I would be a mess if I took him and we would have to get Jack and Sadie out the door too so we decided Beau would just take him to school.
 
 
 
I am so proud of my precious boy and can't wait to see what this year holds for him...
 
And by the way...I'm a Room Mom!  Let the party planning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment