My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I left my heart in San Francisco!

Beau and I treated ourselves to a special trip to celebrate our 10th Anniversary!!  We made it!!  10 years!!  Woohoo!!  We each picked our top 3 places we wanted to visit and both of us had San Francisco on our lists so that decided it!!  We decided the best time to go would be August.  That way all Beau's "busy season" would be over and it would be miserably hot here in Texas and we could enjoy the cool of San Francisco.  It was a great decision!
 
We took the kids to Stephenville on a Wednesday morning and dropped them off at Camp JuPa.  Then we headed on to the airport to catch our plane.  We got there early enough that we actually got on an earlier flight.
When we got to our hotel we caught a cab and went to a little hole in the wall that Beau had seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  Then we had to call it a night...traveling is tiring!
 
 
Thursday morning we woke up early and spent the whole day exploring the city and its surroundings.  We first took a bus out to Muir Woods.  I took this pic on our way.


I LOVED Muir woods!  It was very peaceful and just amazing to see the huge trees.  Its like nothing you can imagine.  It was so odd to be so chilly in August, too!


I love this picture below.  I told Beau to go stand by a tree and put his arms out so we could show the kids just how big these trees are.  When I saw this picture after taking it all I can see is Sadie's face.  This is Sadie's exact face.  I love it!



I had to take a panoramic to even begin to capture these beauties!


On the way back we stopped in Sausalito for lunch.  It was such a seemingly peaceful town.  


Next we stopped for a photo op in front of the Golden Gate bridge!  It was a tad windy, if you can tell by my hair.


We even went for a walk on the bridge.  We only had about 15 minutes.  We didn't even get out over the water...that bridge is huge!!


Driving up the coast.  It was just beautiful.  I normally don't care for the beach because its hot and humid, but this was great.  It was chilly and no humidity!!  


Standing on an overlook of the city.


We walked around the city a bit that night after our tours.  We ate dinner in Chinatown and then stopped in a Ghirardelli shop for a dessert!!


Friday morning we got up and walked from Union Square to the Piers.  We had lunch overlooking the piers and then walked down them.  We had to stop at the famous Pier 39 to see the Sea Lions that overtook it years ago. 



We continued our trek up to Pier 33 to set off for Alcatraz.
We loved Alcatraz.  It was so interesting to listen to the audio tour and walk the grounds!  Now we want to watch all the Alcatraz movies!!



That night we went to a Giant's game.  Its so pretty sitting right on the water.



Saturday morning we got up, rented a car and drove to San Jose to tour Winchester Mansion!  It was so neat!!  We loved hearing all the stories behind the 28000 sq ft mansion!


Our rental car was an adventure all in itself!  It was so tiny!!  We had some wonderful Indian Food in San Jose...I think it was the best food we had on our whole trip!


We loved watching the fog roll in every evening.  It looks like snow avalanching down the mountains!  


We spent all day Sunday traveling.  We were exhausted, but so happy to see our babies!  It was such a great trip!!  Now looking forward to our 20th anniversary!!  I'm thinking Europe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment