My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

We had a wonderful Independence Day....even though it didn't go exactly as planned.  We usually spend the day with my side of the family in Stephenville.  Stephenville has a good parade, then we usually have some sort of family activity.  Well this year my family decided to travel to Ft Worth to celebrate.  Since we had to be at the church that night we couldn't go along.  I searched and searched for a parade in the area.  I finally found a website that said Waco's annual parade starts downtown at 10am.  Our friends, The Shaws, were going to join us for the parade and then a cookout at our house.  (Side note: Lori Anne and I decided, the night before, to just have sandwiches since we had all the stuff between the two of us without having to go to the store.  When we told the men that was the plan they both said no.  We had to be proper Americans and cook out hamburgers.  Silly boys.")

Well, we got all 3 kids ready and out of the house and raced downtown to save a spot for the parade.  We got downtown about 9:45am...not a soul was there!  No parade!  We still don't know what happened.  The website was dated 2012...???  We decided to just go down the street to the park and let the kids play.  (Side note:  Lori Anne and I were told by our husbands that they were not upset at all at having to miss a parade.)

After playing for a bit we came back to the house and had a yummy cookout and some nice relaxing time spent together.


Happy Independence Day!

My "Little Firecracker"


Celebrating is hard work...

No comments:

Post a Comment