My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Monday, June 4, 2012

Jack...The Whole Story.

Beau and I headed to the hospital at 5am on Thursday, May 31st.  Elijah and Sadie spent Wednesday night with our friends, The Jones.  As soon as we got there we were put into a room where my IV was started and I signed all my forms.  The Pitocin was started about 6:30 and the Dr came in and broke my water around 7:30, but I was still only 3cm.  The contractions were getting unbearable, but there was no one to do my epidural.  Both Anesthesiologists were in surgery and I was a person or 2 down on the list once they got out.  I finally got mine about 9:00 and I was at 8cm.  I spent the next hour turning from side to side to try and get the baby to drop.  I was ready to push around 10:30 so I let the nurse know and she called the Dr to come.  I started pushing close to 11.  It took some time pushing.  It was a lot more intense than my other two labors and toward the end I couldn't get myself to stop pushing.  Our bundle was born at 11:35 and the Dr announced "Its a...boy!"

They put him on my chest and I just kept crying "he's so heavy!"



Everyone was guessing about 8 1/2 lbs...



Nope.  9 lbs 9 oz 22 inches!
I kept saying "I told you I was miserable!"  Everyone was in shock at how big he was.  Elijah was 7lb 13 oz and Sadie was 7lb 10 oz!


Our first "calm" meeting...





Getting all nice and toastie...


 Our son, Jack Alan Ballard.




Elijah and Sadie showed up and were so excited.  Elijah was very concerned about his belly button and why it looked so weird and Sadie was upset that he didn't have any clothes on...




Our first family of five photo...





Elijah is so in love...



Sadie's pretty crazy about him too....





Erica Bruce brought us stuff for our first birthday party when we got to our room...





We were allowed to go home Friday after lunch...




 I caught them having boy time after we got home...



He spent some time in his swing when we got home...




Brothers...
We're pretty in love over here.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! He is beautiful, all 9 lbs. 9 oz. of him. you deserve a medal ;)

    ReplyDelete