My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My new chair

Last year around this time we went to a flea market/garage sale event in town.  I found this chair and fell in love.  They were asking $20 for it...


I thought it was a really sweet chair and looked to be in good condition. Beau could not see it's potential past the fabric. We left without the chair (since we were in my car). For the rest of the afternoon I thought about the chair and how much I wanted it. I convinced Beau I needed it for my Mother's Day gift and would eventually use it in the nursery. (and by convinced I mean I quickly stated my case and jumped in his truck and took off!) When I got back to the chair they gave it to me for $10!

I brought it home and since I didn't know exactly what I was I was going to do with it I didn't want to have it recovered yet.  I cleaned it up and made a little slip cover for it and put it in the guest room where it stayed for almost a year...



When I got pregnant and started working on the nursery I found some fabric I liked.  Then I was sent to a man to get it re-upholstered for a reasonable price.  Now it looks great!

When I get the nursery finished I will take another picture of it in the room.  It looks great though...

No comments:

Post a Comment