My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bedroom Makeover!

I've basically decorated every room in our house except ours.  A few years ago we sold our bedroom furniture and since then I've just never really gotten involved in redecorating.  Once I decided what I was wanted it was so fun! 
 
Lets start with the befores.
 
Bleh...

More Bleh.  One problem was our curtains weren't heavy enough to block out our neighbor's lights at night. 




I found these bedside tables at a junk shop and knew they had just the potential I was looking for.


After a coat of Kilz...
 
And now the afters...
 
A new warmer coat of paint, a shelf above the bed, some new bedding...TA DA!!  I made a sign to go above our bed on the new shelf.  It reads  First we had each other (June 14, 2003) Then we had you (Elijah October 14, 2006  Sadie April 4, 2004  Jack May 31, 2012) Now we have everything.
 



One of my favorite things...my new curtains.  They are made from drop cloth!  Thanks to the magic of Pinterest I found out drop cloth is a great fabric...its heavy, durable, washable and just the color I was looking for!  I knocked off the curtains I saw on Anthropology!  I paid...oh about...1/4 of the price...if that! 

 I also repainted a bedside table to go between our chairs.



Some sweet touches...this bouquet was used in our wedding.  And I love seeing my sweet boy every morning.


And my tables!!!  Put them up on legs and I'm in love!!


I used our old lamps.  I removed a ribbon and made some sweet fabric flowers!  Instant upgrade!


I also love my new pillows.  I used more drop cloth!  I made some euros with ruffles and embroidered some Mr & Mrs pillows.


This bouquet is the one I used in my bridal portraits and the picture is from our 10th wedding anniversary.


I upcycled another one of our lamps.  It was brass (so outdated) so I painted it blue to match our bedding.  I have more plans for the shade...

 
 
I also made a new bedskirt out of...you guessed it...dropcloth!! I'm in love with all the ruffles!

I'm still looking for a new BIG dresser and have a few other little ideas, but overall I'm in love with my new room!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Erica! My name is Katy and I'm the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. Great job on your master bedroom updates. The end result looks great! We are glad to see that our primer provided a good base coat for your drawers. We would love for you to share your experience with our products by writing a review. Visit our review page, select the product used, rate and write a brief description and hit submit - it's that simple! We would appreciate any feedback you can provide to us. Thanks so much!

    Link to review page: http://www.kilz.com/primer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=8ad359ff4f72d310VgnVCM100000176310acRCRD

    ReplyDelete