My life is filled with blessings. I have a fabulous husband. I have 3 beautiful children. My house is a mess and
there are chickens in my backyard. What more could you want out of life?

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sadie turns 4!!

I forgot to post about Sadie's 4 year check up!!
 
We went the week after she turned 4.  She was very brave during the whole thing.  She started off letting our favorite nurse, Layla check her blood pressure.  It was great.
 


Then she had her vision checked.  Perfect.


Next she had her hearing screen.  Fail.  They weren't sure if she just didn't understand how to do it or if she really couldn't hear, but we'll come back to that later.


She got weighed...and had her height measured.
 
 
Here are Sadie's 4 year measurements:
 
Weight - 37 lbs 8 oz  = 70%
Height - 3 ft  5 in  =  77%
BMI  - 15.7  =  62%
 
 
Dr Popejoy thought Sadie's height may have been accurate because it said that she grew 4 inches since last year's visit.  I told her I would not doubt it for a minute.  She really shot up!!!  I know she grew over an inch just between August and January!
 
We went back to the testing room to retry the hearing test after explaining to Sadie, at length, the rules of "the hearing game".  She failed again.  She heard all the tones except the very highest tone.  Dr Popejoy said she had a little fluid in her ears, but not enough that it should effect her hearing.  She wants us to come back on a day that she hasn't been at school all day.  So we'll see.
 
A little about my Sadie...she is the funniest, wittiest kid I have ever been around.  She has more facial expressions than 20 "normal" kids put together.  She still can't pronounce her Ls.  She has to have her hair fixed all the time...even in bed at night while she sleeps.  She LOVES clothes.  She usually changes a few time a day.  She hates blue jeans, loves tutu's (any skirt is called a tutu).  She is the most fun kid to give presents to because she is SO very excited about anything you give her.  Even a bag of clothes, shoes or pajamas will illicit squeals and screams.  She will usually strip down right there to put on her new clothes.  She still loves anything frilly and girly like princesses, Barbies, fairies, etc.  Her favorite foods are cheese, sausage, pickles, olives, and +anything she can dip in Ranch dressing  Her favorite colors are pink and purple.  She has finally learned to swing herself, but has no desire to learn to ride a bike.  She begs me to let her go to Kindergarten this next year.  She keeps telling me "Mom, I promise I'll do good.  I'm big now...please let me go!"  I have no doubt she would do fine, but I keep telling her how much fun preschool will be next year! 
 
A quick story.  The big kids do bedtime in Sadie's bed.  While Sadie and I were waiting on Elijah I called to him "Come on Elijah, lets go!!"  to which Sadie yelled, "Ya, come on Woozer!!" (Loser) I said "Sadie, don't say that!  Where did you hear that?"  She replied, with a slight eye roll, "Don't worry, Mom, I don't even know what it means"  Ha! Ha! Ha!  We had a conversation about not saying things if we don't know what they mean until after you talk to Mom or Dad about it!!  Its never a dull moment with this girl.  She has my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment